Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Life is Happening

Yes, life is happening and not always how you plan it. I'm not saying that in a bad way, but just making a statement to  say it: life happens, let it. So much has been happening between the weather, work, travel, and life that I haven't had time to manage the things that I need to keep an eye on. It's time to get organized and figure out the direction I need to move because my next graduate course is creeping up on me for March. Yikes!

What's been going on and what do I need to be doing?

I've been changing my name slowly since getting married, and I just want to get it over with! Keep on moving, you're almost there.

I need to get on the parts I need to get the trailer in tip-top shape: a bulb, shocks for the ramp, water carrier, etc. The sooner I do this, the sooner I can practice my trailering skills because...

We have a truck! Life is so good!! A truck came along that is perfect for the job of pony adventures!


I have a ton of books in the line up to get through before my course starts and I have to read boring material. eBook rentals from the library have been too much fun for me.

I've been making a activity list of horse events going on so I can keep control of that situation.

The process has started for my interview as a 4-H volunteer/leader for the chapter at the barn. I hope to get some new and creative ideas moving for the club. I did so much service in college that I have really missed it!

St. Jude and TriDelta are amazing me time and time again! Yes, I'm a sorority girl and I loved every minute of all of the community service it came with. The partnership with St. Jude was for $15 million to be raised in 15 years, which was surpassed like crazy to make it $15 million in 5 years, which was SURPASSED AGAIN... with $15 million raised in just  3.5 years. Go TriDelta and <3 St. Jude.

Photo from TriDelta

The weather is still crap so I went skiing instead of riding this past weekend, and the soggy ground has yet to let up (which was snow ground until this past weekend). Now, it's all back to rain again. VT this past weekend was great, and they are getting DUMPED with powder today (8-12") while we're getting more mud... I mean rain!
Yes, I have "junior" skis

Missed the doggie like crazy when we were gone for this weekend and last, and I'm glad to have him back in action this week! :) He got a laser pointer and a few new toys because I spoil him, and it's been fun tiring him out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!