Wednesday, January 6, 2016

New Year

It's been a while and I'm not even sure where I left off. (Yes, I didn't even read my last post). Anyways, Spyder is done his visits to New Bolton. They were WONDERFUL with him and even said they would see him again prior to jumping again, if I wanted. Since he has had no heat on the flat, I feel like everything is going well still!

We have still just been doing flat work and have continued to work with steering and using his back. He's come a long way since the injury, and I feel like he's matured enough to finally get somewhere. He still will throw a nice buck or kick out, but they are far less and the spooking is a lot better. I'm not even sure where I want to go from here. I know I want to jump again at some point, but I don't want to push it. I'll keep with the flat work until the spring and go from there.

I got a new saddle (I'm in LOVE). It's a Devoucoux. I rode in one at the farm when the sales person came out for demos, and I knew I would end up getting one the second I sat in it. There was more room for my leg to be on him and the seat was wider which I loved. It puts me more upright and I feel like I can sit back and enjoy the ride vs. being pushed forward and not sitting down. It's a lot nicer on the back, but I was still sad to part with my old saddle. It went to a little girl for Christmas, and it makes me happy that she will love it like I did.

I also booked a trip to Ocala yesterday. I always wanted to see the area, and I'm happy I'll get to trail ride it and possibly show while I'm there. I will be sure to post photos of the trip and post about it. I haven't done much since grad school has been in the way, but I have a break until March 1. I have just 2 courses left until I am completed with the program, and I can't wait for it to be over!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!