Well, for Spyder...
- The canter got better
- Jumping got more frequent and higher
- Less nipping
- Better ground manners
- First dressage test - awesome score, but items to work on
- Working through issues - I got more brave at dealing with it
- Less spook - because I trust him more
- More brave - Each ride is like nothing bad ever happened, new motto of the past year
- Danny Warrington clinics - made me realize being pushed would create quick progress
- Trailer purchase - 2014 will be fun!
- Hunter pace - First place without trying. Can't wait for more!
- Trail rode off-farm - the hunter pace gave me a whole new level of respect for Spyder - more fun overall
- Wedding - Holy 2013!
- Dog - Adopted the most fun little mutt from AC Humane Society (I'll have to post his story)
- House - Sold the first home and purchased the second. A massive project but a lot of reward!
- Painting, painting, and more painting. You have to paint a lot when your new 2,700 sq ft room is almost all wallpaper, ugh! Worst invention, EVER!
- More.grad.school..4.0...enough said.
Goals for 2014
- Get off the farm with the trailer... a truck would help.
- Canter straight. Stupid, but I can't even think of where to start
- Do a CTR or the like - there is a trail riding group in the area that should be helpful with this
- Look into endurance - ask questions, network, decide if it's a fit
- Another hunter pace - pony club is scheduled to do another in April, I'm in!
- More trails - need to explore around the farm
- De-spooking - he doesn't spook much, often, but what fun it'll be to play with pool noodles and plastic bags
- Clinic - do one, do something