Monday, April 22, 2013

Appreciation

I read a post from another blogger about the appreciation they have for their horse and the training that they worked through in comparison to riding a "made" horse. There are always days where I wish that I could just get on and go, but I know that we'll get there. What makes training so wonderful is knowing that you did the journey together... knowing how your horse works and what makes him happy or aggravated.

I would like to think that the reward will be greater in the end, and indeed, my horse puts up with me. We're very patient with each other and I think that accounts for the excitement and understanding on both ends. We have learned together and have a bit something extra that would be lost in the event someone else was the trainer. Riding a made horse is GREAT when you want to get on, take on some jumps, work on your form, and say you did something cool (which I need to do soon before I get really bored), but I have learned to appreciate the difficulties and the accomplishments of training.

So Spyder, thank you for putting up with me. You've made me proud! :)

March 2012 - He gets lots of new stuff!


6 comments:

  1. My horse was a green, hard-mouthed trail horse when I bought her, now were having fun preparing for our first show season. I agree that its pretty awesome to see your hard work come together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I read about your horse and I'm like man, I wish I could do those fun things. Green is hard to deal with at times, but it is fun preparing for something that you've never done. Good luck! When is your first show?

      Delete
    2. Oh yes, we were both a mess (still are somedays). It's taken me lots of time to even get this far. Green can be frustrating, especially when it's your first horse (as Missy is for me), but Green is an opportunity to do something great with your partner:)

      Beginning of June!

      Delete
    3. Agree 100%, you two are doing great, and tracking progress is the best way to tell! :)

      Delete
  2. He is so stinkin' cute :) Some days, I think that having a made horse that I can jump on and ride would be wonderful...but then, when the lightbulb comes on and I can see that we're making progress, no matter how small...well, I realize that I don't want anything else than what I have :) Keep on keeping on, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I hear you! I meant to tell you that I loved what you did with all of the "spooky" equipment. Your horse is adorable (and the pictures of the outfit, even better)! I need to work on that, too!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!